A 12-day on-site Artist and Residence project is launching this week on the banks of Iron Cove Bay on Canal Road.
From May 11 to 22, the public is invited to the EDGE Greenway festival to meet curators, artists and makers, explore exhibitions and participate in tours and art workshops.
Enjoy free live music from 1pm to 4pm on Saturday, an interactive food cart from 11am to 2pm on Saturday and Sunday, a free outdoor art workshop and exhibitions from talented local artists including Gabriella Bates and Rosell Flatley.
- The Greenway, Canal Road, Leichhardt, full schedule available on council website
This Saturday, the Addison Road Community centre is hosting their second Addi Road Writers Festival. The theme this year is 'New Lines'. More than 30 writers, poets, journalists and artists will be appearing across 12 panels. Entry is a $20 donation at the door
- Addison Road Community Centre, 142 Addison Road, Marrickville, Saturday, 12pm-6.30pm
Learn how to grow great vegetables at this all-ages workshop hosted by garden designer and horticulturalist Narelle Happ. The workshop will teach you the skills you need to design, set up and maintain your own organic vegetable garden. Places cost $109 and include seedlings and seeds to get your own garden started.
- Pocket City Farms, 31A Mallett Street, Camperdown, Saturday, 10am
Take a free walking tour of St Peters and learn about its past and present with local history experts.
- St Peters Anglican Church, 187 Princes Highway, St Peters, Saturday, 2pm
Hear from expert archaeologists and see artefacts including those from the recent excavation of Fenwick's building in Balmain and the old Marrickville Hospital site.
- Marrickville Library and Pavilion, 313 Marrickville Road, Marrickville, Sunday, 10-11.30am, 12-1.30pm
Have something to say? Send a letter to the editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: